Great Deck Chair Reads:
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck by Mark Manson: There are so many things that worry us and keep us from being truly happy. This book is very funny and keeps us grounded.
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle: The author explains that we are constantly busy thinking of our past or planning the future. Eckhart tells us the benefits of living in the NOW.
- I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes: A great thriller! Pilgrim is the codename for a man who doesn’t exist. An adopted son of a rich American family writes a book on forensic criminal investigation before he disappears, not knowing that this book will haunt him.
Best Feel Good Movies:
- Mamma Mia: Good news there is now also a Mamma Mia 2 out. It is full of laughter and dancing and singing. What’s not to love about it?
- The Beach: The classic escapism film. Not critically acclaimed but what’s not to love about all the scenery and the music on this old fave.
- The Pursuit Of Happyness: One of my favorites because it is about never, ever giving up! “The world is your oyster. It’s up to you to find the pearls.”
- Eat, Pray, Love: This movie never gets tired. It is about a woman finding herself again and the journey she takes to be balanced again, find herself and her love.
- 2 Timeless Classics for the open-air cinema moment; Top Gun for the boys & Dirty Dancing for the girls!
The most precious things are those moments on holiday when you don’t plan too much –Whatever your plans are, take time out with the people who make you laugh and cry and enjoy it! It’s all about “mates and memories”.
See you all in a few weeks. x