It’s been a great start for our Yellow friend, Healthy Hospo. In January they hosted their first Wellness workshop succesfully in London with 100 hospitality professionals joining them for a day of meditation, inspiring talks and presentations about nutrition, how to build health and wellness in the workplace and how to avoid health issues such as backpain. The day was closed with an hour of pilates and yoga followed by a non-and low alcohol drinks. Check healthyhospo.com for more info and upcoming events!
Key tips and hacks for a healthier & happier 2018:
-Make your sleep your priority. Lack of sleep can lead to increased risk of heart attacks, cancer, Alzheimer’s, depression and premature aging.
-Kick your phone out of the bedroom, make your bedroom a temple of sleep and create a regular bed time ritual such as reading, taking a bath and having a night, caffeine free, cup of tea.
– We can all benefit from eating more plants, they are better if they are local and organic. More vegetables in your diet will help ward off all sorts of disease and illness.
– Cut back refined sugar, not to be confused with natural sugars.
– We are not designed for dairy, milk is for baby cows. There is never a better time to explore the world of non-dairy milks. Our particular favourite are Oat & Hemp milk.
– You don’t need the incredible commitment of Yellow founder Jane Birkin, but 30 minutes of brisk exercise 3 times a week is what you should be aiming for to maintain a good health.
– We are challenging bartenders/baristas/chefs and waiters to undertake the #fitnessfebruary challenge and kick thier fitness into top gear across 28 days. Why don’t you commit to 28 days of physical transformation in 2018!
– Research from Finland reckons that we need to spend at least 5 hours a month in nature to begin to receive the healing benefits it provides.
– We are social species: pick up the phone, invite your friends over and spend more time with real people and less time with digital versions.