As we’ve seen in the article above we sweat so much more on summer holidays which means; drinking too much alcohol can lead to dehydration and reduces a good night sleep.
However we’re also realistic and know that holiday time is a brilliant time to catch up and be sociable. The good news is that there are now lots of alternatives to help you reduce the heavyweight summer alcohol impact… which you might want to check out this summer.
- Bourbon Barrel Cola, Irish Cream Soda, Ginger Root Beer, and Grape Juice.
- Non Alcoholic Beers and Wines: SHRB Original, Big Drop Stout, Monte Rosso Spritzer, Bees Knees Sparkling Rose, Erdinger Alkoholfrei,TeeTotal GnT, Seedlip Original, Mikkeller Energibajer, Thomas & Evans, Eisberg Sparkling Blanc.
- Low Alcohol Beers: Brewdog Nanny State, Heineken Zero, Rothaus Tannenzapfle, Mikkeller drink ’in the sun.
- Kava: Kava tea is an alternative to an alcoholic drink due to the sedative properties. They are made from the roots of a plant grown in the South Pacific and known for their purported anti-anxiety and antidepressant effects.
- Kombucha: Kombucha comes in many flavors. It is yeast and bacteria to be precise.
Low ABV Spirits are luckily the On Trend drink this summer – Have you tried any of these?
- Aperol Spritz
- A great Vermouth like Belsazar with Tonic.
- Or a good old fashioned Campari & Soda.
- Don’t miss out on the new William Grant & Sons drink: They are piloting a new Vermouth brand, produced using cascara, a by-product from the production of coffee. It is called Discarded and is available in selected UK bars.